In the last week of January I finally purchases my Apple Watch Series 4 after years of procrastination. It finally felt right and I could justify the expense better to myself with reasons beyond the aesthetics.
So as some of you know I started my fitness journey, lets say around June last year. when 2019 rolled around and I was still taking the gym life seriously I decided to actually activate my Vitality and as a passive resolution I committed to transform my body into the fittest and healthiest form it has ever been in. Naturally I am a goal driven person and this is why the vitality program works so well for someone like me. Those weekly goals really get me going and the rewards- absolutely amazing.
There comes a point on the Vitality program where you can only meet your weekly goals with the aid of a wearable and this is how the Apple Watch came into my life. it was love at first wear. I am not naturally a watch person, but ever since i got my watch, I have been wearing it EVERY SINGLE DAY. I’m in love guys! ❤
I started on Bronze status this year (the second lowest status). It is now March, and I am 7000 points away from getting to gold. To put things in perspective:
- When you start on the Vitality program you’re on the Blue status bar and all you need to achieve is 100 points in a week
- 100 points can be attained in various ways but the simplest is either by walking 10 000 steps or swiping your card at the gym (and actually going in lol)
- As you achieve or exceed the number of points, the goal increased (reasonably)
- There will come a time when you have to achieve >700 points and that is where I am now and things get a bit tricky because you can only go to the gym so many times in a week and the program only counts 1 gym entrance a day and the highest of all your activities in that day
- This is when the watch comes in handy as the workout programs are linked to points which are dependent on how hard you exert your body and heart. the points are tiered according to the percentage of exertion on your heart based on your age and they range from 60% up to 80%, the highest securing you 300 points per workout exceeding 30 minutes.
- With the help of my watch I have been able to achieve in excess of 1000 points in most weeks and this has allowed me to fast track my progress on the program and with the fitness rewards on offer, you can see why my A- type personality is exceeding expectations on this program, and I use the word exceeding because there are people on the program who believe it is impossible to progress more than 1 tier/ status level in one year and before the first quarter of the year ends, I am already well positioned to attain two status level movements. the doubt also low-key motivates me
So yes, we can sit here all day and I explain some cool features on the watch and take you through comparables with the Apple 3 series vs 4 but Im really not here to do that. I am glad I waited until my purchase meant something greater than following a fad. All I want to say is that I love my watch and it has fundamentally changed the way I operate and view my health and fitness journey and it is worth EVERY last cent that I spent.
Thanks so much for stopping by. If you also have a wearable you are obsessed with let me know what it is and why you believe it has made all the difference in your life 🙂