Ok so right off the bat, I’ll admit, I am a serial over thinker. For the longest time my biggest and unconscious habit was finding ways to put myself into a bad mood. I had gotten to a point where my sister created an invisible “power off” button at the back of my neck that she would literally press when she felt that my brain was overheating. It’s that bad. Overtime I have come to realize the power of our minds and our subconscious thoughts and although I will admit, I do not get it right everyday but I have found that when I focus, I have been a much happier, stress-free human and I want to share with you how I achieved this.
- Habit #1: Take every negative thought and spin it into a positive and RUN with it
- Literally let your mind run wild and obsess over the numerous positive possibilities. Your mind for example could be telling you that someone might be out to get you, immediately when you get this thought, just start thinking about how much that person has on their plate and this will begin to show you how low on their priority list you actually are.
- Habit #2: Try not to sweat the small stuff
- It is so easy to get yourself worked up over the smallest (and oftentimes), unnecessary detail/ action. when you contextualist the detail / action into a lifetime, does it really shift the dial that your colleague walked in without greeting you this morning? Nope.
- Habit #3: Sometimes appearance is reality
- Most of the time there are numerous ways that people or situations can communicate with you. if someone or something shows itself as an apple for example, don’t find ways to turn that apple into a banana, its an apple.
- Habit #4: Exercise or mediate
- The brain is a muscle that benefits greatly from exercise, I have personally discovered that when I work out, I am much more positive version of myself. I am relaxed and I can think clearer and more logically.
- Habit #5: Understand and believe that people are inherently good
- They just sometimes do some really fucked up shit- I will leave this one here.
Thanks for taking some time and stopping by today. If you found my post to be useful, please share it with a fellow over thinker who could find some value in these 5 habits.
Also, its not too late in the year to incorporate a few of these habits into your New Years resolutions. They really work like a charm in getting me out of a funk, I hope you find them just as useful!